The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, Research Development Services, announces the following limited competition opportunities from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and National Institutes of Health (NIH). Advanced authorization is required from Research Development Services to apply for a limited competition.
Table of Contents
1. USDA - Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Education Grants Program
2. NIH - Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (R25) - RFA-HL-16-017
1. USDA - Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSI) Education Grants Program – The purpose of this program is to support innovative teaching or education proposals in any discipline(s) or subject matter area(s) of the food, agriculture, natural resources or human sciences. While research and extension activities may be included in a project, the primary focus must be to improve teaching, enrollment, and graduation rates within a degree-granting program. This is a rapidly approaching deadline. UIC is a Hispanic Serving Institution. UIC submission limits vary by mechanism. For additional information, see http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions/usda-hsi15.
2. NIH - Institute for Research Education in Biostatistics (R25) - RFA-HL-16-017- The goal of this program is to support educational activities that complement and/or enhance the training of a workforce to meet the nation's biomedical, behavioral, and clinical research. This FOA will support creative educational activities with a primary focus on Courses for Skills Development. UIC is limited to one submission. For additional information, see http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions/nih-ireb15
• If you cannot reach the desired page by clicking on the link provided, try copying the full URL into your browser's address bar. There should be no spaces in the URL.
• Review guidelines and eligibility requirements before submitting an internal LOI.
• If you would like to apply for a limited competition not currently posted at our website at http://research.uic.edu/funding/limited-submissions please contact Tony Halford at RDS@uic.edu
Making Smiles... Changing Lives!
You have to see it to believe it, a world-class facility and internationally known experts just steps away. Come to the College of Dentistry and meet our smile experts.
We are widely regarded as driving the advancement of oral health care in the US, and offer a wide range of digital, implant & other advanced technologies in support of our caring.
Whether you are seeking a specialty student or faculty member to become your oral health care partner, we have all of the options. We offer an incredibly special environment with multidisciplinary teams of experts.
312-996-9223 or 312-996-3145
Join millions around the world as we “turn off the lights” and take action on global climate change by participating in Earth Hour. By working together, each one of us can make a positive impact on this global issue.
Earth Hour 2015
March 28, 2015
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Before you leave the office on Friday, March 27, make sure everything is off and unplugged so that UIC is ready for Earth Hour Saturday night. Follow this easy checklist:
1. Shut down your computer and turn off your monitor (unless, of course, departmental policy forbids it). See more at http://accc.uic.edu/policy/conservation.
2. Unplug all electronics, even when not in use. Examples are desktop printers, cell phone chargers, fax machines, and even laboratory equipment. If they are connected to a power strip, shut that off as well because many electronic devices can still draw power even when they are not in use and turned “off”.
3. Check the break rooms to make sure that the coffee maker or any small electronics, even the microwave if possible, are unplugged.
4. If your office has blinds or curtains, lower them. This will help to maintain the building’s temperature, and reduce energy used by the building’s HVAC system.
5. Make sure that the last person leaving the building has turned all of the lights in the common areas off, where applicable.
For more information and how to participate at home, visit https://sustainability.uic.edu/events/earthhour
Continue the Earth-saving momentum and swing into Earth Month! We celebrate all things sustainable all month long. Check out our calendar events at http://sustainability.uic.edu/earthmonth
Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services
Associate Chancellor for Sustainability