Gripping world premiere theatre opens on campus in one week!
"In the shadow of war in Afghanistan...America's longest war...our greatest challenge...how do we create successful homecomings for those that sacrifice so much and are left with the residual trauma of war?" - David Kersnar, director
A Contemporary Odyssey
By Jennie Buckman
Directed by David Kersnar
Conflict stretches beyond the battlefield as a family grasps at a normalcy twisted by the experience of war. Inspired by the stories of veterans, this compelling drama explores the struggle of soldiers and their loved ones to navigate life after combat. Lookingglass Theatre Company founding member David Kersnar directs a world premiere loosely based on Homer’s epic "Odyssey."
BUY TICKETS AT theatreandmusic.uic.edu/SNAFU
FEB 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 27 at 7:30PM
FEB 21, 28 at 2PM
Join us for a post-show discussion, How do we return home?, on Sunday, Feb 21, led by theatre critic Jonathan Abarbanel and director David Kersnar.
FREE TICKETS available for veterans. Call us at 312.996.2939 to claim yours.
1044 W Harrison St
The UIC Summer Session Office is pleased to announce a new rate structure for UIC Summer Session tuition and fees.
Effective Summer 2016, undergraduate summer tuition and fees will be charged on a per credit hour basis instead of a range tuition basis. This new rate gives you more flexibility to enroll in a single course. You can even combine work or internships with your summer study!
We’ve listened closely to you and implemented additional changes to help make UIC Summer Session a better choice for you:
- We’ve launched a new Web site that makes it easier to find the Summer Session information you’re looking for: go.uic.edu/uicsummer16
- We’re working closely with academic advisors throughout campus to ensure that your UIC Summer Session courses align with your academic goals
- We’re offering additional online courses, and we’re ramping up to offer even more in future summers
- We’re planning fun and engaging events on campus that will ensure that your summer will not only be academically rewarding, but a great way to spend a summer in the city
Summer Session provides an exceptional opportunity for you to get ahead, catch up, and stay on track to finish in four. And registration is easy for UIC students. Just enroll in your Summer Session courses at the same time you register for fall courses: go.uic.edu/2016summer
Visit our new Summer Session Web site and contact us if you have any questions: go.uic.edu/uicsummer16
We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer!
Project management is a critical professional skill; double digit growth in the demand for this competency is expected to result in almost 6.2 million project management jobs by the year 2020.*
Enroll now in UIC’s 5-week Spring Project Management course:
- Dates: April 9th through May 7th
- Time: Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fee: $1750 / $1400 for University of Illinois alumni, employees or current degree-seeking students
- Location: UIC campus
Designed for all project team members, this course will give you the necessary skills to initiate, manage, and close complex projects on time and on budget.
UIC’s Project Management course fulfills the education requirements for two Project Management Institute exams:
- The 35 hour education requirement for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam
- The 23 hour education requirement for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification exam
For complete details and to register, visit the UIC Project Management Web site: www.go.uic.edu/pdp
Questions? Reply to this e-mail or call us at (312) 355-0423.
We look forward to seeing you in April!
Student Services Team
School of Continuing Studies
University of Illinois at Chicago
* Data Source: The Anderson Economic Group “Project-Oriented Employment Trends and Costs of a Skills Gap: 2010 to 2020” report. Commissioned by the Project Management Institute.