A transfer applicant is one who (1) has completed a minimum of 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of transferable college classroom credit by the time of application and (2) does not meet the definition of a beginning first year or a readmission applicant. While 24 semester or 36 quarter hours are the minimum number of hours required, many curricula require additional credit hours and completion of specific core courses.
*Once a student has earned college credit outside of high school, they must meet the transfer requirements to attend UIC.
Transfer students may apply to the following colleges:
- College of Applied Health Sciences
- College of Architecture, Design, and the Arts
- College of Business Administration
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- College of Urban Planning & Public Affairs
- School of Public Health
- Transfer Information.
- Transferology – online tool that will help you view program requirements, course equivalencies, and see how courses you have taken or plan to take transfer to UIC.
- itransfer.org – The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) web site. The IAI is a statewide agreement for participating colleges and universities in Illinois. UIC is a participating university.
Individual pre-admission counseling appointments are offered to transfer students who may have questions regarding the application process for their specific programs at the university. Please call (312) 996-4350 to schedule an individual appointment.
If you have disability/access needs, please call (312) 996-4350(voice) or (312) 355-0379 (TTY - for deaf or hearing-impaired callers only) at least one week prior to this event.
For more information on making an appointment, please go to: http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/undergrad/visit/individual.html
Transfer applicants to Nursing, Nutrition, and Health Information Management will have the ability to upload supplemental documents required by the program. For more information on the document upload process, please see the Undergraduate Document Upload Guide.