Guoquan Liu, MD, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
My research is focused on the cellular signal pathways
regulating endothelial cell barrier function. Upon activated PMN binding to the endothelial
cell surface, vascular albumin permeability is increased. This process is
dependent on endothelial cell surface ICAM-1. ICAM-1 ligation mediated
cellular signal pathways including phosphorylation of caveolin-1 by
Src will be explored and their roles in the vascular albumin permeability
will be assessed. Activation of G proteins also regulates endothelial cell
barrier function. Since several G proteins are also co-located with caveolin-1,
another research interest of mine will be to understand whether and how caveolin-1
affects heterotrimeric G proteins mediated signaling in endothelial
835 S. Wolcott Ave.
- Pals-Rylaarsdam R, Liu G, Brickman W, Duranteau L, ,Monroe J, El-Awady
MK,Gad YZ, Shenker A. A novel double mutation of the luteinizing hormone
receptor in a kindred with familial Leydig cell hypoplasia and male pseudohermaphroditism
. Endocr Res. 2005; 31:307-23.
- Liu G, and Voyno-Yasenetskaya TA. Radixin stimulates Rac1 and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent
kinase, CaMKII: Crosstalk with Gα13 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005;
- Kvachnina E, Liu G, Dityatev A, Renner U, Dumuis A, Richter DW, Dityateva
G, Schachner M, VoynoYasenetskaya T, and Ponimaskin EG. 5-Hydroxytryptamine(7)
receptor is coupled to G? subunits of heterotrimeric G12 protein
to regulate gene transcription and neuronal morphology. J Neuroscience
2005; 25:7821-30. (equal
- Liu G and Shenker A. The role of activating LH receptor gene mutations in Leydig cell hyperplasia and neoplasia. The Journal of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University 2002; 8: 34-46.
- Bebia Z, Somers JP, Liu G, Llhrig L, Shenker A, Zeleznik AJ. Adenovirus-directed expression of LH receptors in immature granulosa cells indicates differential effects of FSH and LH on steroid production. Endocrinology 2001; 142: 2252-9.
- Liu G, Duranteau L, Monroe J, Doyle DA, Carel J-C, Shenker A.. A novel somatic mutation of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor gene in Leydig cell adenoma, N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 341:1731-1735.
- Liu G, Xie ZJ, Modyanov NN, Askari A. Restoration of phosphorylation capacity to the dormant half of the alpha subunits of Na+/K+-ATPase. FEBS Lett 1996; 390:323-326.
- Xie ZJ, Wang Y, Liu G, Zolotarjova N, Periyasamy SM, Askari A. Similarities and differences between the properties of native and recombinant Na+/K+-ATPases. Arch Biochem Biophys 1996; 330:153-162.
- Xie ZJ, Li H, Liu G, Wang Y, Askari A, Mercer RW. Cloning of the dog Na,K-ATPase alpha1 subunit. In: Bamberg E, Schoner W, Eds, The Sodium Pump: Structure Mechanism, Hormonal Control and Its Role in Disease. Darmstadt, Steinkoff; New York, Springer, 1994; pp.49-52.
- DeTomaso AW, Xie ZJ, Liu G, Mercer RW. Expression, targeting, and assembly of functional Na,K-ATPase polypeptides in baculovirus-infected insect cells. J Biol Chem 1993; 268:1470-1478.