Rajasingh Johnson, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
My research interests include the de-differentiation of somatic cells by chromatin modifying agents to generate induced pluripotent (iPS cells) or multipotent stem cells and its therapeutic potential in regenerative medicines; mechanisms of somatic cell reprogramming by histone deacetylation and DNA methylation inhibitors; differentiation of embryonic and adult stem cells in cardiovascular and lung vascular repair and regeneration.
909 S. Wolcott Ave.
- Krishnamurthy P, Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Qin G, Losordo DW, Kishore R. IL-10 attenuates inflammation mediated left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction via activation of STAT-3 and suppression of HuR. Circulation Research, 2009, 104:e9-18.
- Suriano R, Chaudhuri D, Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Kishore R, Tiwari RK. 17-b-estradiol mobilizes bone marrow endothelial progenitor cells to tumors. Cancer Research, 2008, 66: 6038-42.
- Rajasingh J, Lambers E, Hamada H, Bord E, Thorne T, Goukassian I, Krishnamurthy P, Rosen RM, Ahluwalia D, Zhu Y, Qin G, Losordo DW, Kishore R. Cell-free Embryonic Stem Cell Extrac-mediated derivation of of Multipotent Stem Cells from NH3T3 Fibroblasts for Functional and Anatomical Ischemic Tissue Repair. Circulation Research, 2008, 102:e107-17.
- Rajasingh J, Hamada H, Qin G, Bord E, Silver M, Mehta S, Goukassain D, Losordo DW, Kishore R. STAT3-dependent mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation into Cardiomyocytes: Analysis of Molecular Signaling and Therapeutic Efficacy of Cardiomyocyte Pre-committed mES in a Mouse Model of myocardial Infarction. Circulation Research, 2007, 101:910-918.
- Rajasingh J, Bord E, Qin G, Ii M, Silver M, Hamada H, Goukassian D, Zhu Y, Losordo DW, Kishore R. Enhanced Voluntary Alcohol Consumption Following Estrogen Supplementation Negates Estrogen- mediated Vascular Repair in Ovariectomized Mice. Endocrinology, 2007, 148:3618-24.
- Rajasingh J, Bord E, Luedemann C, Asai J, Hamada H, Thorne T, Qin G, Goukassian D, Zhu Y, Losordo DW, Kishore R. IL-10-induced TNF-alpha mRNA Destabilization is Mediated via IL-10 Suppression of p38 MAP Kinase Activation and Inhibition of HuR Expression FASEB J, 2006, 12:2112-24.
- Rajasingh J and Bright JJ. 15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-Prostaglandin J2 Regulates Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Signaling through JAK-STAT Pathway in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell. Experimental Cell Research, 2006 312: 2538-46.
- Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Rajasingh J, Johnson C, Bright JJ. PPARγ antagonists reverse the inhibition of neural antigen-specific Th1 response and experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by Ciglitazone and 15-Deoxy-Δ12,14-Prostaglandin J2. Journal of Neuroimmunology, 2006, 178:76-86.
- Muthian G, Raikwar HP, Rajasingh J, Bright JJ. 1,25 Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Modulates JAK-STAT Pathway in IL-12/IFN|gamma| Axis Leading to Th1 Response in Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis. Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2006, 83: 1299-309.
- Rajasingh J, Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Johnson C, Bright JJ. Curcumin induces growth-arrest and apoptosis by blocking the constitutive activation of JAK-STAT signaling pathway in T cell Leukemia. Biochem. Biophysi. Res. Commun, 2006, 340:359-368.
- Muthian G, Raikwar HP, Johnson C, Rajasingh J, Bright JJ. COX-2 Inhibitors modulate Th1 response in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by blocking IL-12 signaling through JAK-STAT pathway in T lymphocytes. Journal of Clinical Immunology, 2006, 26:73-85.
- Raikwar HP, Muthian G, Rajasingh J, Johnson C, Bright JJ .Bisphenol A Diglycidyl ether A PPAR antagonist exacerbates neural antigen–induced Th1 response and experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. Journal of Neuroimmunology, 2005, 167:99-107.