UIC has ranked within the 100 best universities in the world out of 500 institutions compared in the “Academic Ranking of World Universities.” Currently, UIC serves approximately 27,580 students and has 15 colleges, including the nation's largest medical school.
At UIC, graduate students can expect unsurpassed research opportunities across a wide spectrum of disciplines. With $335 million dollars worth of research expenditures, UIC is consistently in the top 50 US institutions for research expenditures. In all sources of research funding, UIC is third among Illinois universities.
For more information, visit these helpful sites:
- Research @ UIC (Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research)
- UIC Graduate College guide to conducting research
- UIC Graduate College
- UIC Graduate Student Council
- Psi Chi Honor Society (Department of Psychology) Research Grants, Awards and Scholarship Opportunities
(Psi Chi National offers various awards to undergraduates and graduate students including the Allyn & Bacon and Guilford awards for excellent empirical research papers.)
M.S. Mechanical Engineering
Meet Priya, a self-declared foodie who attended UIC for both undergraduate and graduate school. Find out how she utilized the research opportunities at UIC to get into the healthcare sector.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2015 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois