- About Us
UIC - At a Glance
A major research university in the heart of one of the world's greatest cities, UIC provides a world-class education for its students. We are committed to creating and disseminating new knowledge as a university of growing national and international stature.
The largest university in the Chicago area, UIC has 27,580 students, 15 colleges-including the nation's largest medical school-and annual research expenditures exceeding $335 million. UIC operates the state's major public medical center and serves as the principal educator of Illinois' physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses and other health-care professionals.
A truly global institution, more than a third of UIC students speak English as a second language. UIC's student body-approximately 61 percent undergraduate and 39 percent graduate and professional-is recognized as one of the nation's most diverse. We consider this one of our greatest strengths.
Get to know this engineer and find out how she is such a strong role model for her younger sister. Discover why she enjoys being involved with the Society of Women Engineers.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2013 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois