- About Us
Scope and Mission Statement
UIC provides the broadest access to the highest levels of intellectual excellence.
UIC's mission is:
- To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
- To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
- To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
- To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
- To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities.
Ratified by the Faculty Senate of the University of Illinois at Chicago, April 27, 2006
Find out how this senior psychology major saw a need for a new university cultural association and made it happen. And get to know what Arman likes best about the UIC campus and Chicago hot spots. More »
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2015 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois