Board of Trustees
As the governing body of the University, the Board of Trustees exercises jurisdiction in all matters except those for which it has delegated authority to the President of the University, other officers, or agencies of the University.
The Board consists of 13 members, 11 who have official votes. Nine are appointed by the Governor for terms of six years, and three student trustees (one from each campus) are elected by referenda on their campuses for one-year terms. One of these student trustees is appointed by the Governor to have an official vote. The Governor serves as an ex-officio member.
Have an issue you'd like to address with the Board? The regular form of communication (by members of the faculty, staff, students, and the general public) is either by electronic means or in writing.
Board of Trustees Office
352 Henry Administration Building, MC-350
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
For more information, visit the Board of Trustees website.
Meet Michael, a second-year pharmacy student. Learn what he loves about the world-renowned pharmacy program at UIC and what he plans to do with his degree.
- African American Academic Network
- African American Cultural Center
- Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Center (LARES)
- Latino Cultural Center
- Native American Support Program
- TRIO – Academic Support Program
- Women's Leadership and Resource Center
© Copyright 2015 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois